The Student Network CSN is one of the greatest things at the University of Chemnitz.
Bringing the Internet to your dormitory room for a price that all students can afford. Access to the campus network and the internet is provided by the university's computing center and the student services department.
A group of students have dedicated there free time to keep things running. They do everything from first level support and programming to adminstration of server and network equipment.I have done honorary work for the CSN since early 2000 until I left the university in 2007. Among the things I have done and/or was responsible for were:
- First Level Support since early 2000
- static/non-scripted content of the webpages since Spring 2000
- FTP archive since Fall 2000
- Member of the supervisory board of the CSN since late fall 2000
- Second Level Support since fall 2000
- Head of Network Operations since late Spring 2003
- Head of the Administration Staff since late Spring 2003